Classroom technology has advanced way past overhead projection.
The classroom document camera is an amazing tool that allows students to have a more dynamic and interactive classroom. Regardless of the subject you are teaching, document cameras will help you make the most out of any lesson plan by allowing you to move past the whiteboard and into the world of three dimensional shapes. The most exciting aspect of using document cameras in the classroom is the extra dimension that it brings to your presentation. In addition to showing notes and written materials to your classroom with your document camera, you can display three-dimensional objects as well.
- Science Classes – students can see the teacher dissecting a frog that is displayed so that all of the class can easily see. Or, you can show the difference between beetles and butterflies in a unique, new way.
- Geometry Classes – use your document camera to add a 3D twist to the complicated world of pyramids, cones and cylinders.
- Geology Classes – teachers can show up-close and personal different types and textures of rocks.
- Art Classes – Students can watch and see more clearly techniques on molding clay and making perfect brush strokes.
- Math Classes – teachers can demonstrate math manipulatives such as algebra blocks or 3-D shapes as well as show student work.